We have all gathered at Mr. Moe & The Suze's house to celebrate Mother's Day. We've had a very nice day, talking, eating, laughing, etc. The Meemz is there, she's in good spirits and she has kept us all thoroughly entertained talking about her new balance bracelet.
We notice that Meemz has been spreading things out on the dining room table and go to inspect. She tells us that we all need to gather around because she has a presentation to make. Ooook......
Laid out on The Suze's dining room table are:
- Several greeting cards that Meemz has received from various people
- 8-10 bells from her personal collection
- A framed picture of Candie, the dog she has not had in about 2 years
- A few pictures of Nanny and Pawpaw and some other family members that we couldn't quite identify
- A postcard from the travel agency used by The Suze to book her school's trip to Savannah (The Meemz was under the impression that these people were family members........)
The presentation went something like this.....
(TM- The Meemz, E- Everyone else, S- Shane, C- Caitlin, F-Faith, L-Lindsay)
TM: "I just wanted all of you see these pictures and cards and to remember that in May we all breathed a sigh of relief because there are no family birthdays in May and because we remember that spring has sprung."
E: "Umm...ok?"
TM: "Now, I have bells for everyone and I want Shane & Caitlin to pick first because I know they need to leave. Where are Shane and Caitlin?"
C: (picks out 2 bells) "Thank you, Memie."
TM: "You're welcome. Now are you sure those are the ones you want?"
C: "Yes, I'm sure. Shane, don't you think so?"
S: "I don't know, are you sure those are the best ones?"
**Everyone is doing their best not to crack up at this point**
TM: "Now Lindsay, you pick out a couple of bells. Do you have somewhere to put them?"
L: "No ma'am, but I can put them in Mom's china cabinet for now."
TM: "Faith, now I only have one left but I have some more at home so next time you can pick out two for you and Lexi."
*Lexi is what The Meemz calls Faith's husband, Nexsi*
*Side note- Meemz calls Erin's husband, Ken, "Tim" and calls Erin's step-daughter, Maia Ling, "Mamie Ling"*
F: "Yes ma'am. Thank you Aunt Pinkie." Faith looks at her bell and realizes that it does not have a ringer....
The ringer-less bell is now being passed around our family. I got it for my birthday from Aunt Frances. I haven't decided who I'm going to pass it on to, or for what occasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment