Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tahiti/Haiti, Birth Control and the FBI

About a year ago, The Suze and I went to dinner with The Meemz.  Now, dinner with The Meemz is always an adventure because you never know if she's going to do or say something off-the-wall to or in front of the server. 

On this particular occasion, The Meemz shared with us her views on Tahiti/Haiti, birth control and the FBI.  The conversation went something like this......

(TM- The Meemz; TS- The Suze; L-Lindsay)

TM:  I saw something on TV about all of the poverty in Tahiti.  They really should do something about all of the homeless children there.
TS:   Mom, what are you talking about?
TM:  Tahiti- it is just in terrible shape.
L:   Meemz, do you mean Haiti?
TM: Oh, yeah I guess so.

TS:  Mom, there was a hurricane there in 2008 and then an earthquake in 2010.  That's why there are so many homeless children.  Haiti is a very poor country.  They can't just bounce back from something like that.
TM:  Well, what they really need is birth control.  If George Bush Sr. and George Bush Jr. went over there, I bet they would have everything straightened out in a week.  They need the FBI too.  I love the FBI.
L:  WOW.
TS:  Mom, they had 2 natural disasters.  That is why their country is in such poor shape.  Birth control is not their problem.
TM:  Well, the two George Bushes could still help.  And the FBI.

No comments:

Post a Comment