We all know that the Meemz is easily confused. That being said, TV seems to add to her confusion.
For instance, a year or so ago, The Suze and The Meemz were out to dinner and out of the blue the Meemz started this conversation:
TM- "I hope I never have to move to Mexico."
TS- "Um..what? Why would you be worried about that?"
Apparently TM had seen something on television about the very high crime rate in Mexico and so she was worried about the possibility of moving there. The Suze assured her that she is in no danger of even visiting Mexico, let alone moving there at this point in her life.
They continued eating and a few minutes later this happened:
TM- "Are those people still riding their bikes?"
TS- "What people?"
TM- "You know, those people who ride their bikes."
TS- "Oh....yeah, they are."
Of course, The Suze had NO idea who 'those people' were but we assume The Meemz was referring to the Tour de France. TV confusion strikes again...
My favorite TV-induced confusion occured this past spring. I'm sure we all remember all the hoopla surrounding the royal wedding and how coverage of the event was on every channel, every hour of every day. As you can imagine, The Meemz was all over this stuff. We all know that she loves celebrity news and gossip so a royal wedding was all kinds of exciting for her. The day before the wedding, The Suze called to check on the Meemz and it went a little something like this......
TS- "Hey, Mom. How are you feeling today?"
TM- "Susie, I don't have time to talk to you. I'm getting married tomorrow. You need to tell those people from the nail salon to be here in 10 minutes."
TS- "Mom, what are you talking about? The nail salon doesn't make house calls."
TM- "I really don't have time to argue with you about this." *Hangs up*
The Suze is, of course, very confused by this. She & Aunt Robin decided that they would go to Dogwood to check on The Meemz and see what the deal was. When they got there, The Meemz was still very insistent about her wedding that was the be the following day. She was also quite put out with The Suze and Robin because they were not dressed appropriately for a wedding. Can you imagine their nerve? Robin asked her who she was going to be marrying and she promptly replied with "I am going to marry Richard Dekle. He is stomp-down good looking." Keep in mind that Richard Dekle, my Papa, passed away 5 years ago so it would have been pretty hard for them to get married this past spring.....
No comments:
Post a Comment