A few weeks ago, The Suze made her regular afternoon phone call to check up on the Meemz and was quite stunned when the Meemz started telling her all about a memorial service she had been planning.
The Meemz had music all picked out, had decided on pall bearers (what they are needed for at a memorial service I do no know) and even knew that she wanted our cousin, Jesse, to speak at the service.
The Suze was very confused, as we all would be.
TS: Mom, are you planning your own funeral?
TM: NO! Of course not.
TS: Well then, who died?
TM: I'm not sure...someone's dog I think....
The Meemz also had a very elaborate memorial service planned when she lived at Gingercake. She was convinced that trees being planted in the neighborhood were all in honor of Papa, who had recently passed away. For that particular service, my sister, Erin, and I were to sing, along with our cousins, Chelsea, Caitlin and Chandler. Now, the 5 of us love music, and we do love to sing, but none of us fancies herself a "good" singer. I think the Meemz also had a menu planned for this one and I do believe that Robin and The Suze were supposed to do something as well......
No comments:
Post a Comment