Friday, February 1, 2013

Decorating on the DL

Several years ago, while The Suze and Robin were on vacay in FL, Erin and I got nominated to take The Meemz to the doctor.  I know, we are so lucky b/c that is always a fun task.  This was back when The Meemz still lived on Gingercake in her condo so this had to be 5 or 6 years ago.

Anywho- Erin and I went to the condo to pick up The Meemz and of course she was not ready yet.  While we were waiting, wandering around the condo, one of us noticed an estimate from J.C. Penny home interiors.  The estimate was for around $800...for one window.  Yowza.  We knew that there was no way The Suze and Robin would approve of this and that The Meemz had conveniently planned this for while they were out of town.  Erin and I knew that we would have to tattle to The Suze so I distracted The Meemz while Erin sneaked outside to place that lovely phone call.  

Now, here are a couple things to think about regarding this-

1. All of the windows int he condo already had blinds, the nice kind, not the crappy apartment kind.
2. The window this was for was most obscured by furniture, knick-knacks, etc.
3.  What in the holy hell was this window treatment going to be made of that was worth $800?  Perhaps something in velvet?


No comments:

Post a Comment