Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! Now, where is my eggnog?

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving from Moments With Meemz!  We had a fantastic holiday- everyone was there, including The Meemz and we had a really great time.  Lots of good food and laughter, and some confusing conversation.

Erin, Ken, Dekle and I went to pick her up on Thursday.  Erin went in to get her but when they didn't come back after about 5 minutes, I went in to rescue help Erin get the show on the road.  It seems that the hold up was all of the socializing that TM needed to do before she left.  Lots of ladies to say goodbye to, introduce Susan Robin Erin too, etc.  I went to get TM's walker from her room and found that it was covered in hangers.  I do mean covered- at least 12-15 of them and each hanger had one necklace hanging on it.  I assume this was done to prevent tangling....they were in a big tangled mess.  Good idea though, right?  I'm going to hang my earrings on a hanger from now on.

As we were walking out to the car, Erin commented on the wreckless manner in which TM was driving her walker so I asked her if she'd been in the eggnog already.  TM said she had not because The Suze hadn't bought her any yet, even though she'd asked for it.  So I reminded her that grocery stores aren't open on Thanksgiving Day.  You know what..here's how it went down.  I think you just need to see the conversation exchange.

Erin: Meemz, you're driving pretty wrecklessly over there.
Lindsay: Have you already been in the eggnog today?
TM: No, your mom hasn't bought me any like I asked.
Lindsay: Well, grocery stores aren't open today since it's Thanksgiving.
TM: (muttering under her breath)...acting like imbiciles...
Lindsay: Who's am imbicile Meemz?
TM: President Obama!
Lindsay: Um...were we talking about him?
TM: Well, we were talking about important people with places to be.
Lindsay: ......
Erin: ......

Sooo...yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment