Thursday, September 5, 2013

There's a lot of that going around...

So I've been wracking my brains to come up with some good stories about The Meemz because, let's face it, there are tons of them that I haven't written about yet.

Today, I remembered this fun little incident that involving The Meemz, The Suze and (I think) Robin.

As you will remember, The Meemz is a huge fan of the "Monday's Child" poem (see below) but has a hard time remembering all the words.  On this particular occasion, she was having a hard time remembering the words of the last line and asked The Suze and Robin about it.  Now, the actual line is "But the child that's born on the Sabbath day Is bonny, blithe, good and gay." and that is what  The Suze and Robin told TM when she asked about it.  It's the way she's pretty much always written it and it's the only way I can seem to find it written on the interwebs.  For some reason though, on this particular day, the word "gay" did not set well with The Meemz.  She gasped in horror and said that that word was NOT part of the poem and that she didn't like it being used.  She then said, and I quote, "There's a lot of that going around you know."  

Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment