Monday, August 12, 2013

Meemz Update

I'm sure you guys have noticed (or maybe not) that I haven't posted in quite some time.  The Meemz hasn't been felling well but she is back to her old self and feeling good again. :)  The Suze, Phoebe and I went to see her on Saturday.  She looks great and was in a great mood as well.

She had a pretty big week last week- she got to go shopping at Belk and she got to call the numbers at BINGO on Saturday.  Don't pretend you're not jealous.  I know you are.  While at Belk, the Meemz bought a new purse (she has been in DESPERATE need for at least 2 months now), some beads (of course) and one other thing I can't remember.  I think it was some kind of undergarment.  You know how she loves those.

While visiting with The Suze, PB and I, TM showed off her new purse (it's very cute actually- no denim or snowmen) and then gave us a full rundown of the weekend programming schedule on The Hallmark Channel which is her favorite channel.  Apparently, they will have a movie air on Saturday night, that's the premier and then they air that move again on Sunday and there's no cursing and people are properly clothed the whole time.  Meemz told us that she just does NOT approve of the way people dress on other channels- they just don't wear enough to cover anything.  Does anyone else think this is hilarious, coming from the woman who is likely to be running around in only a pair of socks for no good reason?  Anywhoodle- she told us about that, asked about Herb and Will (shout out to Herb Thompson, The Suze's halfie son), and gave us the run-down on all of the pets at Dogwood.  I told her that I'll be paying my car off at the end of this week and she said that's a reason to go out and celebrate.  I'm not sure that's accurate but we know she loves to go out to eat and she doesn't get to go very often so whatever floats her boat.  She really wishes they'd open a Red Lobster in Fayetteville, that's pretty much her favorite place.  I mean, they have all the things she looks for in a restaurant- fried cheese, an unlimited supply of Ranch dressing and virgin pina coladas.  What more do you need in a fine dining experience?

Oh yeah- the Suze had gone to Publix for The Meemz earlier that day and here's a sampling of the things that she needed:

1. Twix- 2 packages
2. Hand towel (1)
3. Bath towel (1)
4. Washcloth (1)
5. Room deodorant
6. Cards- Sympathy and Thinking of You
7. Peanut Butter
8. Malted milk balls
9. Lysol spray
10. Beano
11. Prunes
12. Milk of Magnesia pills
13. Dog treats

Looking at this list, you'd think The Suze was grocery shopping for a stoned pet owner with stomach problems.

Hopefully we'll have a family dinner outing sometime soon and I'll have an entertaining story to share.  In the meantime, I leave you with this-

I once told The Meemz that she wears more undergarments at one time than anyone else I know and then on Saturday she told me that if anyone else ever tries to tell me that they wear the most that I should say "No, my Memie wears the most."  What kind of conversations does she think I have with people...

***Update***

I cannot believe I forgot this part.  It has come to my attention, via The Meemz who we know is a totally reliable source for all kinds of information, that Dogwood has been serving pork chops with....WHITE RICE.  You almost fell out of your chair just now didn't you?  I am just as shocked as you are and quite frankly, I'm concerned about The Meemz living somewhere that is clearly so pedestrian in their taste.  I mean...do they know anything?  Geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment