Monday, April 30, 2012

A Picture is Worth 2000 Words

So, we've all heard the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" but it takes on a whole new meaning when The Meemz gives you a picture.  When she gives you a picture, it is worth at least TWO thousand words.  You have the picture itself which is worth 1,000 but what pushes it up to the 2,000 mark is the amount information that The Meemz includes on the back of the pictures.

Today Erin and Ken got a card from The Meemz and there were 4 pictures inside.  Each picture had all sorts of information included on the back, some that relates to the content of the picture and some that doesn't, at all. 

This is what the note in the card said:

April 26, 2012 -
Dear Folks,
Hope This finds all of you feeling. I especially hope "Memie's Sweet and handsome "Baby Boy", is feeling fine and candy, and keeping everyone on their toes about everything. (yes, candy, not dandy) [new paragraph] I'm sending you all some pictures for your family album.  I'm still working on My Albums.  I have about five More to go.  I have had fun looking at all the pictures, but sometimes, I have to stop and do something else for change.

Maia, I hope you are still having a lot of fun in school - Are you playing soccer right now, Do you think you can send me one of your school pictures from this year?
(this is inserted with a carat above)
I am so proud of you "For Being such a sweet and great "Big Sister to Dekle".We are still having cool Mornings and cool Nights here.  So most of us here are still wearing [underlined] "Jeans' [end underlining] and "Long Sleeves."  Marnie and I went out on Monday, and had to wear a [resume underlining] "Thick and Warm," sweater [end underlining] because it was so windy and down-right cold.  I have always dis-liked "Windy Weather The Least of all. (least is inserted with a carat above) [new paragraph] Wish all of you could be here Sunday to Celebrate your Dad's Birthday.  He hasn't decided yet what kind of cake he wants.  I am so proud of him for losing all that Weight.  He really looks great, and he says it really feels good, too. [new paragraph] Marnie, took me back to the doctor, Tuesday (of this week) this time it was my stomach.  I have to go back in a month.  I'm feeling better now.  I did good the first four months of year, but fell apart in May.


Well, better [carat] (- Close For now -).  Take care and God Bless,
then, written above God Bless
- Memie-"


the inside flap of the envelope says
- P.S. -
Please give "my Love" To Joyce and Dan.  I think of them often, and pray for them - every day.  Give Maia, and Dekle - [underlined] "Big Hugs and [end underline] Kisses", from me.  I have suprises (yes, she spelled it that way) For them, When I see them in June.  Time for me to go to Lunch.
"Love and Hugs,"
"- Memie" -

then, on the left side where you put down the flap it says
"Give My Love to Casey.:
"

Picture #1:  Erin on Mr. Clippety-Clop in the living room of Moe & Suze's first house.

"-Christmas 1983-"
-"Susi's" and Moe's House-"
-"Locke Court-"
"Erin - e - Michele Skaff"
('1-L-92)
the L is cursive
"-Parents-"
"-Michael Moses Skaff-"
("-Moe-")
"-Grand Parents-"
"-Mitchel and Lucille
"-Lucy"-
"-and-" "-Skaff-"
"Richard Nelson Dekle"
"and"
"-Evonda B. Dekle"-

**Notice that The Suze did not make the list of parents.  I'm pretty sure she's Erin's mom....

Picture #2:  Erin in front of a tree in her flower girl dress at Jeff & Lenora's wedding

  
 "-Erin Michele Skaff-"
"-Picture made in Virginia-She was a Flower Girl-" in Lenora and Jeff's Wedding-"

Picture #3: The Meemz
Evonda Bielling Dekle
Became Dekle -11-06-1953
Birthday 02-02-1935-
Picture made at FHA Convention in Tallahassee Florida, at the Florida State University - - May - "1951" "My First Evening Dress Bought For me By J.L. and Eloise Summers "My Sister and Her First Husband and The Father of Jesse - "Her only Child."(all that was written in pencil and everything starting with "My First..." is underlined in blue pen) Then, squeezed in between the line that says By J.L. and Eloise Summers and the line that says "My Sister and Her First is "Color-Light Green", which is also written in blue pen then, underneath all that it says, in blue pen, -She Lost 2 Little Girls Babies, Both born pre-mature-Had -RH - Factor - Which - -

Picture #4: Papa's first truck & camper
(all of the following is underlined until I say otherwise)
"Our First Truck and First Camper-"
Bough In October - 1996 - at - Giant Recreation World - In Lake Park, "Georgia" -
(end underlining) then, on the same line:  "Picture made "In October (resume underlining) "1996"- "at "The Ponderosa, - Lake City, Fla"- then, (wedged above the word Ponderosa) it says: "Deke Rd."- (end underlining) Turn Left on Dekle "RD" - (resume underlining) off of Hwy "100-" (end underlining) "To Go To 21 - Miles "Lake Butler" - Take From Lake City -(symbol I can't decipher) Then From Lake Butler City To Lake (i think...) Billey
15 Miles - and From Starke - Starke Florida -Starke To Kingsley Lake -" 7 Miles - Lake Butler
Starke - Starkes or Starke - Gainesvilles 21 miles -

No comments:

Post a Comment