Monday, March 5, 2012

Just your typical family dinner..

On Saturday night Mr. Moe made pizza for The Meemz.  She LOVES pizza, almost as much as she loves fried cheese, ranch dressing and the FBI.  It was an entertaining evening to say the least. 

The night started off pretty well, we were Skyping with Erin, Dekle and Maia Ling when the Meemz got there.  I was surprised at how quickly she adapted to Skype. She does yell when she's talking to them, but that's ok.  After we finished our Skype date with The Timmons family, it was time for The Meemz and Robin to open belated birthday presents.  You have to be very patient with The Meemz when she is opening presents because she gets distracted very easily and it is necessary to call her back to the task at hand which is not telling a story about something that never happened.

One of the cards that Robin got had a joke about spray tan booths on it.  This prompted TM to start talking about how no one in our family has ever been to a spray tan booth except for me.  What?  When did I ever go to a spray tan booth?  The answer is NEVER.  I have never in my life had a spray tan.  A point that I was forced to argue with TM.  I know it's a ludicrous thing to argue about but I just couldn't help it.  Of course, she would not listen to me and instead said that I have a very short memory just like my mother.  That's her explanation when you dare to disagree with her version of events or history- you MUST have a short memory because she remembers everything perfectly, down to the very last detail in fact. 

After that little moment and the present opening, TM started passing out the "gifts" that she had brought with her.  Here is a picture of mine:



(I don't know why this won't rotate properly!)


(Cough drops, Life Savers, Mints, Scope, Lotion & Condition and a bar of soap that smelled like evil)

The Meemz also had a copy of the People commemorative issues on Whitney Houston for me to read but she also insisted that I give it back.  I don't read People magazine or anything that contains celebrity crap really.  I declined to read the issue so she is just going to send it to Erin so she can read it.  I know Erin can hardly wait!! 

I also got an envelope full of pictures. all with a great deal of information on the back, of course.  Most of the pictures are of family but there are a few that I'm not sure why I got.  Like the picture of the little girl that Memie used to baby sit when I was in elementary school.  Not sure what to do with that.....  The Meemz had also raided the fruit bowl at Dogwood which I don't think she's supposed to do...  She offered me some oranges but I had to decline for obvious reasons.  Mr. Moe took the fruit off her hands.  Apparently she also tried to give him a book but my mom slipped it back into The Meemz' bag when she wasn't looking.  We think that book actually belongs to the Dogwood library.  TM is a bit of a klepto sometimes.  Ha!!

My favorite part of the evening was the completely fictitious story she told me about myself.  It went a little something like this:

TM:  Now Lindsay your birthday is in June, right?
L:  Yes ma'am.
TM:  It's on the first day of summer, right?
L:  Sure.  (Really my birthday is on the second day of summer but I was not about to argue that point when I'd already argued about the spray tan)
TM:  When you were a little girl, you looked so cute in your little sailor dress and hat and you would come to me and say, "Memie, is my birthday really on the first day of summer?" And I would say, "Yes it really is." And then your Papa would say to you, "Your birthday is not on the first day of summer, mine is." And then you would get all upset and some to me and say, "Memie, Papa said that his birthday is on the first day of summer!" 
L:  *Blank stare and deafening blinking*
TM:  When you came to me and said that I would tell you to tell your Papa that his birthday is not on the first day of summer, it is on September 10th and to quit telling stories.  Then, you would go tell him what I said and he would say, "Your Memie thinks that she knows everything."
L:  I'm sure he did..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment